Thursday, August 18, 2011

Solidarity

As I watch the Verizon’s union workers fight to keep what little they have, it reminds me of what we endured in our government.    Case in point, I heard from the union leaders that Verizon stop all conversation regarding negotiation..

Then I heard that 4500 people will be without insurance if they do not resolve their dispute by a certain time.    It seem to me whoever broker that deal, truly did not have the union workers best interest in mind.  If that is true, its like the people out here marching and fighting for what they believe while their leader or representatives are sailing them short.   I hope that is not case.

  Which is how I feel about our Government, our President is standing at the podium speaking about how he is fighting for us, pushing for this  and that, then in the end, he  gives in so much that we have to really eat peas to live depending upon certain situation .  We have to eat peas to please those that can’t be pleased.   How is that fighting for me?

How is that truly fighting for the Union workers, if whomever is in charge making back door deal to save their selves. Which I hope its not the case. 

How is that truly fighting for me or the American people, if in the end of all of your speeches while millions of people are hurting, you and Congress decide to use up your vacation days.  

What message do you think that really sends?

Solidarity is what we really need more than anything in order to get the big companies and big government to listen.  All the different unions should have each other backs, by marching with them or boycott the establishment or something.  

Like “We The People” are sticking together it seems, we want our President to stick with us because it’s the right thing to do. No other reason.  MoPoDC

No comments:

Post a Comment