Thursday, November 10, 2011

1st Timer- I just wonder what it would take for more people to care enough to make voting your civic duty MoPoDC

  
Sitting at the Polls on Nov 8, was my first time doing something like this.  I started getting involved into politics last year because of the unjust things that I feel were being done to our President Obama.  I felt like he was and is trying to do the right things to help our country.  Even in how we campaign, I got the impression the President wanted to run a different type of campaign, a campaign that did not involve any underhanded or mean spirited dealing.  Just stick to the facts and present your case and let the people decide thru their votes.

In getting involved, I discovered how important the local races are. 

How the local races have a direct effect on our roads, schools, programs and development of our community.

I’ve learned that some people want to make drastic cuts to a already struggling systems; which will only hurt us.  Which is why I believe we should be more involved with the local races, like showing up to vote.

   Again, being that I am new to the process, as I  championed for certain candidates in Sterling, I learned a lot.  Doing my time at the poll, this guy showed up dressed like one of the opponents imitating him and carrying a sign that said SES Pool and greeting people telling them to vote for him.  I thought it really upset some of the voters and  the opponent of course, however; I thought it was funny and a good idea except the part were he engaged voters, even though I heard the opponent said similar things about the candidates I was supporting.  But I later heard it was not true.  

In talking to others standing out there at the polls when it all occurred, some felt that the guy was trying to incite something.  In looking back on it, I could see how people would feel that way especially if the person never really done those things to you in the first place.   Regardless of a candidates win or lose, it should be more about how you play the game.


As few of you may already know, I  do not agree with one of my candidate’ s opponent and I feel that his stay will hurt Sterling down the road, but his campaigning and his marketing and most of all the energy he displayed at the polls  hands-down were really impressive.  Staying within the guidelines of where we could stand near the poll, showing respect to each other and allowing the people to have a enjoyable trip to the polls.   I try to give credit where credit is due.  I was really impressed.

Which brings me to this point; we need some good candidates.  We need some young people to rise to the occasion.  You are the next generation, the future the next- Steve Jobs, or business owner, or President of the United States . We need you to get ready for this challenge that has been bestowed upon you. 


 Given our status quo, who knows?   

While sitting at the polls, this school bus dropped  some kids off from a private Christian school that my son attended in the second grade. 


The things I saw my son and other kids learned and accomplished blew my mind?   Then we switched to public school and I saw the different in the teaching. 


 If our kids have the ability to learn more at a faster rate why  not try to challenged them as a teacher in a public school as if you were in a private school.


 S/O to the Fairfax Christian School for their kindness & love they showed my family during my son tenure. 

That is why Nov 8, 2011 was so important and because of all the circumstances we might have lost our chance for this term.  We may be stuck with status quo.     

 We have too many people running unopposed.   We need candidates that will run a noble type of race like I believe President Obama is trying to do.  I understand there will be hitting below the belt and things, but on the day of election.

 I would think we would want to make  that day as peaceful as we can for the voters, because at this point people minds are sort of made up.   If we seem like we are antagonist at the polls, that could change people view of us.

At least that what I think I have learned after this terrible lost in Sterling.    

Times have changed, no more stepping in the race for the game.  We had an increase in voters turn out on Tuesday, which was a good sign.  Now we need to improve on that.

 As we were talking to our son about some of my candidates that I was supporting, my son asked “do you have to vote?”

Of course the answer was no; however, we explained to him you should vote all the time, given the sacrifices people paid for us to have the right.  I just wonder what it would take for more people to care enough to make voting your civic duty.

 I heard that several times at the polls.  It’s my duty.

There are few countries that make voting mandatory or they will be fined.  That is another idea.  But then people will be protesting, their right not to vote. :( Go figure.

 That’s why it’s important to know history, and what we went thru to get to this point. 

  However; I do blame both parties because, some feel like neither one really cares and in the end they are going to do what’s best for the people with money and the ones that gives the most to their campaign.  So in essence, our politicians are partly to blame.  

Which I also think part of the reason why we struggle like we do, because in the past, we let big companies and government gets away with during us a disservice. 

People I do what I do because I really care.  In doing what I do, if I make mistakes, or miss a step, please charge it to my heart, because I don’t plaaaay my part. 

Regardless if this is your 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time, let's  make sure that no woman, man or child is left behind & let your light shine, especially on your grind.
Peace - MoPoDC
Please click on link below

No comments:

Post a Comment