Thursday, February 24, 2011

Busboy & Poet Tuesday 2/22/11 Sister 2 Sister Event

What’s up everyone.
I know this is kind of a late posting, but I wanted to talk to you about my experience the other day at Busboy & Poet.
Me and my Photo/Video person Andrew Diggs (Humble People Triumph) went to the Sister 2 Sister event Tuesday.  It was the most exciting and inspiring event I have been to in a long time.
The event was to honer Black successful business owner in Washington DC & Baltimore MD
I have not received the pictures from the event but once I do, I will post them.  My favorite part of the event was the Funeral Home lady who has been in business for 42 years and when she accepted the award.  She explains why she was able to have such longevity in the business.
She said when you do something you should always do it with A1 standards in mind and by doing that you make it difficult to lose your clients to competitors no matter what your race is..  I also like what another speaker said about using Black owned businesses and how we as Black people tend to hold our Black owned business to a different standard than what we hold nonblack owned businesses.
Like, when we take a chance with a Black owned business and they do not meet our expectations we tend to do away with all Black owned businesses and choose a nonblack owned business and when they do not meet our expectation we tend to choose another nonblack owned business never to give our Black owned businesses another chance.
Well time has changed and this is not a game we as Black’s people need to support one another the same, and Black people step up your game, A1 standard, anything less, I suggest, you refrain.

I also had the opportunity to pass out my business cards for my MoAutoDetail business and received a call the next day.

We also stayed for the next show Open Mic.  I had a chance to perform my poem for the 1st time call Bigger Than U & ME... It’s was truly deep. I will post that video as well once I received it.
I also met this beautiful young lady name Serena who it was her 1st time performing and she did a Great job much better than what I did my 1st time.  I will post that video as well.  Great job Serena, keep up the good, and I look forward to hearing more from you.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Maurice!!! It was great meeting you, too, and I hope to do another open mic with you there soon!! I better get writin'.....

    ReplyDelete