Sunday, February 27, 2011

Potomac Mills Mall : Pillar of Salt

I was supposed to drop my son off to my sister’s home, when my mother called me and told me at the last second that my niece Jasmine was performing a dance at Potomac Mills Mall this Saturday.  When we arrive, I was standing by the table when I overheard the sound person tell someone he had an open time slot and ask if they would do something to occupy that time.
Everything in me was saying go ahead and ask if I could do one of my poems.  Well after contemplating for about 20 seconds I  asked and they sent me to the registration table.
They asked me if they could read my poem first.  After reading the poem, to my surprise, she told me I could go on at 3pm.  I performed the poem called Pillar of Salt. It’s a poem my friend Don asked me to write because he just came back from the doctor who asks him to take a medication for his cholesterol. My friend Chris helped with coming up with name.
I thought it went well. 
The most important lession is trying to always be ready because you never know when your time will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment