Saturday, July 16, 2011

HBO Sports Boxing Paul Williams vs. Lara Erislandy A Crazy Out Come

Quotes from Paul in his last fight with Lara, "What you see is what you get”.


 My favorite is “You said it better than I could say it.”  These were his remarks after beating Lara on July 9, 2011, which was a crazy outcome because the score cards had Lara winning the fight by a few points and in the end Paul took it. 


But that was not the end of the craziness, then the announcers just stomped all over this man win.  If that wasn't enough, I heard HBO hired new judges for this fight and then they dogged out the judges for their decision making on the fight.


  Well I am here to tell you that I thought it was nice a fight and when I and others that were watching the fight and saw the score card that Lara was in the lead, we were surprise because we thought Paul fought a better fight and the new judges agreed with us.  


 What kind of establishment brings in people to do a job and then dog them out on National TV, because they didn't agree with you or your perception on things.  Oh, I know, we call them politicians.  I think all who has something negative to say about Paul’s win and Judges decisions should change their field of employment, either join a  political campaign or find another job kissing butts because that was totally disgraceful in the way the announcers just ridiculed a man after his win.  

I know, this may sound crazy as well, but I’m going to put it out there anyway.  The problem with the sport leagues is that some people feel that some of these events are rigged, fake, and phony and what I saw the other day was far from that.

I have noticed this in the past with other sports events.  I thought it was a great idea to have new faces, new judges or just someone that was not benefitting from the outcome of the event other then getting a paycheck for services rendered.

If we had more people like these judges that judge this fight, I think the entire league could prosper more and more real talent will emerge because they believe they will have a fair chance to prove themselves and the interest in the sport events should increase.  Like I said, I know it sounds crazy especially when you have people at the helm that wishes to do things their old politic way just because they are in the position to do so. 


I also like to send a congrats to Paul and those judges, thank you for having a love for the sport and not just the people in it.  As you can tell, I wish more people felt and acted that way, 
giving the win to the best man at the time.  Good luck to all, and may the best man win in the rematch.  



No comments:

Post a Comment