Sunday, May 15, 2011

Organizing For America Training A visit by Governor Tim Kane

I had the opportunity to attend a training program with a group called Organizing For America yesterday. It was truly amazing to see so many people from different back grounds feeling strongly like me about the cause.  Cancer survivors, Latinos, first- time voters, and people who have been voting since 1955, also young college kids, high school kids and Union people and Police Chief.
We all had the same thing in common, beside our President Obama, we are tired of these people in office trying to take advantage of the less fortunate and we were going to do something about it. 1st by getting involve, 2nd telling our story, 3rd organizing more people like us.
Also, Governor Tim Kane stopped by and spoke with us and shared his thoughts on why he is running for the Senate.   He explains how important volunteers are and the grassroots people are the important groups.
That we have to work together and support our President by winning the local election, The House and the Senate  are so important that we win it. Virginia is a main a player in it.Publish Post
He also took questions which I was able to record.  (See video below) He really impressed me with his candid attitude
The training was great and the bonding was better. I truly learned a lot and can’t wait to get started.
I even received candy at the end for always having a great attitude. Which I was grateful that they even noticed. 
The food was great and people were fun.  Please take time to listen to Governor Kane speak, I think you will enjoy it & learn a lot. I know I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment