Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shout out's to Mrs. Young & Isaiah & Guilford Elementary School #Obama2012

What’s up followers?
Wow! Let me say this again Wow!  Guilford has shown me a great sign about the future.  Mrs. Young put on the best display or presentation that I have ever seen.  She covered working together, families, friends, learning new technologies, and how to use music as a way to make you cry lol.  You think I’m playing, but I had tears in my eyes from the time I left until the time I got home.  I stopped at 7-11 off of Church Rd in Sterling VA and didn’t want to go inside until I could pull myself together.  Oh, in case you did not hear me the1st two times, Wow!!!!!
Guilford showed the possibilities could be endless for our kids to have, even while getting a public school education.  Part of the problem is all of these School’s budget cuts, which are holding our kids, our teachers and others back from reaching the ideal dream.  A wide range of possibilities is what our President’s Obama seeks.  Like encouraging good behavior positive thinking, and most of all learning.  Learning from your stint on earth and life experiences. Also a Shout Out to the Kids that received the Presidential Award: Kids with High GPAs, Most Improved, and kids that I guess keeps a Smile on their faces, and Kids that are Dependable and showed teaching potential.  


I thought all of these categories were great.  Like we do in Organizing For America, there are always rooms for improvement.  So we look at positive and negative, and the things we would change going forward. 
I think one important key category that was left out was the Teacher’s award or true Appreciation


I would like to have seen some teachers identified for their wonderful  efforts.  I know some of you teachers are still growing in your position and others have been forced to conform to your position, either way, the time has come to embrace Change.  The way we used to do things don’t always have to be for today’s thinking.

Example, I was in Organizing For American Training (OFA) last weekend, and I watched a great group of people who cared about something come together and put together and organized a campaign to get President Barack elected in 2008.  Now this group has embarked on a journey to get our President reelected in 2012.  During our training this weekend there were some rough spots in our training session but instead of giving up of boasting about their accomplishment in 2008 which they were entitled to do .  Instead they listened to the students and myself and made the adjustment to turn the class and people’s opinions around. Which leads me to the next question, what are the opinions the kids or people you touch have about your work or service?
I was truly impressed with the LUV Orgainized For American showed me. “Yes We Can” was the message that resonated with me, people wearing some really nice shirts & buttons.  A Howard University “Yes We Can shirt” was the hottest shirt I have seen thus far, it could be because of the person wearing it.  She did a great job representing.

Back, to my original point, People take this wonderful moment that we shared at my son’s school and others graduations and let’s build off of it, and ride the momentum with our voices, our time, and our involvement.
We have a duty as real concerned citizen to ensure our kids, Teacher’s and Facilities future get the necessary tools and help they need to be successful.
We can’t do that by talking about our involvement, we have to get involve and let the ones know that are jeoparddies  the future. We stand together, and we could do like Oklahoma and Rise Together and start rebuilding our community one Solor, Wind, Geo thermal one house and person at a time. 
Let’s really help Virginia be the leading edge.  Loudoun County has been looked at as the leader in this race for Change because of how fast it has grown.  Who knew?  We have our President’s ear, let him hear.
One way we do that as taught in training last weekend is to get involve and help us, help our President try to implement his vision of what America could look like be like, think like.
 We are holding a Voter registration this weekend as well as phone banks and 1:1s to get your opinions, and your ideas as to what we could do better going forward into the next election.
 I erg each and every one of you to reach out to 


Jan @ "Jan Wilson"  <jan@smartneighborhood.net>, and let her know that you want to help especially this week or weekend. 
We need a lot of different people from different back grounds to represent.  Especially now because we are in our Grassroots stages.  Building from the ground up.
Please read information below as to what is going on for this week and weekend.
Hope to see you at one of these events.
Thank U Guilford & Young for making this moment really special.  Many blessing to you.
 One Luv MoPoDC

What’s happening in Loudoun that might interest you?  What can you do to help? 
Voter registration, organizing meetings, Loudoun-wide strategy session, and getting ready for the 4th of July parade in Leesburg are just a few things we have lined up....  Get involved---we need Loudoun to be BLUE, BLUE, BLUE for 2011 and 2012.

Details below (additional details to follow on some events) and on Facebook. 


Wed. June 15, 7-9 PM--phone bank in Lansdowne (my house at 19090 Dalton Points Place, Lansdowne, 20176)

Thur. June 16,7-9 PM phone bank in Lansdowne--my house

Saturday, June 18, 8 AM-noon---Voter registration at farmer's markets in Purceville, Ashburn, and Leesburg
1. Leesburg farmer's market at:
Cardinal Bank (parking lot)
20 Catoctin Cir SE
Leesburg, VA 20175

2. Purceville farmer's market at
871 E Main St
Purcellville, VA 20132-3131

3.Ashburn farmer's market at
44036 Pipeline Plaza
Ashburn Crossroads Restaurant Park
(corner of Ashburn Village Blvd and Farmwell Rd, behind IHOP & Fuddruckers)

Saturday, June 18, 1-4 PM, Sterling Organizational meeting and phone banking at 21321 Mirror Ridge Place, Sterling, VA 20164
            RSVP to
Or to me

Saturday June 18, 1-4---1:1’s at Panera in Lansdowne

Sunday, June 19, 1-4 PM, Lovettesville Organizational meeting and phone banking RSVP for directions. Near Fox
Ridge, Mountain View ---.RSVP to Peggy at
or to me

Sunday June 26, 1-3, Loudoun-wide Strategy meeting, Leesburg Police Department, community room, Plaza Street, Leesburg
RSVP please

July 4, Leesburg Parade, I’m IN event





No comments:

Post a Comment